Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Doyle Brunson and the SEC

I got an email from Doyle about my recent post about my expectation of an eventual arrest related to the bogus WPT stock offer last summer.

He didn't really say anything that gave any specifics or detail, so I didn't even ask him about reprinting the email.

But he did seem to think I was wrong about the possibility of him being arrested related to an securities violation.

I'm not sure why he's so sure of that, but he I think his doubt is sincere. Maybe he himself was a victim and he's cooperating, I don't know, he didn't really say enough to draw any conclusions about that.

But he's certianly closer to the SEC investigations about WPT than I am and I've changed my attitude. I'll go with, I don't really expect him to be arrested.

I've never expected him to be arrested for anything related to online poker, I don't think online poker is illegal and, although the DOJ says they think it is, I don't think they're going to be in a position to pursue that anytime soon. They havn't yet even established that online sports betting is illegal. And they'll tackle that obstacle first.

He's an iconic person in our world and I do wish him luck.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home