Monday, February 12, 2007

Doyle and the Law

I guess there's some rumors that Doyle has been arrested. You can find a bunch of links to various blogs here.

I don't know if he has been or not. He certainly should be.

If he has been arrested it has nothing to do with online gambling. He should be arrested for securities fraud and I wouldn't at all be surprised if he has been. I certainly expect him to be arrested for securities fraud eventually, for that fraudulent offer he made last summer for WPT.

3 Comments:

Blogger Pauly said...

Thanks for the link Gary.

When I heard the rumor, the securities fraud was the first thing I thought about as well.

12:19 PM  
Blogger DMW said...

Gary do you have link that clarifies what he did/said in the WPTE case?

If it was a pump and dump type thing, well, the whole thing just screams "settle out of court."

1:05 PM  
Blogger Gary Carson said...

My recollection is he never commented after he made the inital offer for a WPT buyout. I think the offer was in writing, either from him or from Goodman's law office.

I don't have any links handy. At the time I was in Las Vegas and followed the early non-developments in the Las Vegas paper.

You don't "settle" criminal charges. But there havn't been any charges or arrests yet, and might not ever be any.

His recent email to me said I shouldn't comment about things I don't know anything about, but he didn't comment in any way on what happened. Just seemed assured he wasn't going to be arrested.

12:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home