Sunday, February 18, 2007

Comment on Poker Prof post on PPA

They may not have approved it yet (I'm sure they will) but here's a comment I just made on a Poker Prof blog post on PPA.
Man for what job?

A pointless exemption?

Exemption or not, you still won't be able to fund your account, but getting an exemption cuts poker off from those who might argue

1. Internet gambling isn't illegal.

or

2. The US has no standing to regulate internet information exchanges.

The PPA sure looks like someone with a hidden agenda to me, I don't see anything good about any of this.

I've been commenting on the topic here

I don't see how anybody who actually is paying attention could approve of these people.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

I appreciate the way you keep hammering on this Gary. Especially now that FT is linking a bonus to donating/upgrading, it seems pretty clear that this is more a channel for stars/ft to corner the online market than any attempt to defend our rights. PPA won't get a dime out of me as long as they push for a carveout.

11:24 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Why wouldn't poker move over to the same payment processor as online horseracing does with an exemption?

(see YouBet.com)

Just wondering if you thought of that.

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home