Tuesday, June 26, 2007

No Family rule?

What the hell is this?
BY: TODD BRUNSON
FROM THE: Event 39 - World Championship H.O.R.S.E.
PUBLISHED: Sunday Jun 24, 2007 12:22 PM

I got off to a great start, I won about four hands in a row; the limits went up and I lost two back, so I am right about where we started at 100,000. Its still early. I've got by far the worst table here: TJ Cloutier, Phil Ivey, Mike Sexton, Dewey Tomko. I was at my dad's table but they wanted to enforce that no-family rule, I didn't mind that table but then I got moved here.

No family rule? Is that the same as the "no friends rule"? Or the "no business partner rule"?
What in the world is that rule supposed to accomplish?

I haven't played in the 2007 World Series of Poker but I did play some events a couple of years ago. You have to sign a release when you sign up as a player, but there was no required disclosure about family members. So if my son and I had been at the same table the WSOP had no way to enforce it. They would have had no way to enforce the no-family rule because they didn't want to enforce it, they didn't want to ask.

But if you're Todd Brunson they can enforce it, and they do. What does it accomplish? It increases the changes of a Brunson name being at the final televised table. That's all it accomplishes. It gives the the Brunson family, as a group, an edge over other players.

What bullshit.

If would benefit other players only if the Brunsons are cheats. If they aren't cheats then it benefits the Brunsons.

Update: Some rgp discussion about it.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home