Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Errors in probablility

My math and poker blog is broken right now. I screwed up it's database when I was setting up a new wordpress blog, Off Topic Rant. The host will get it restored for me soon, but in the meantime here's a Math and Poker related post I ran across in another blog.

Among other things he talks about the error made in asking the question "what's the odds of that happening" after something has already happening. It's one of my pet peeves and he does a really good job of explaining why the question isnt meaningful and the attempted answers to the question are misleading at best.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I screwed up it's database?
I guess that should be expected from an author and not an editor. But is it fair of us to hold you to that high of a standard?

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home