Tuesday, March 02, 2010

outplay

Danny Boy gives us some examples of being outdrawn, outplayed, and coolered. His cooler example:
oolered: I limped with 6-8 and he raised to isolate me and I decided to call. The flop was K-9-7 with one heart. Check check. Turn is the 10h, I bet 6000, he raises 15,000 more, I move all in with the straight, he quickly calls me with... QJ. Ugly turn card yuk.

You've been coolered when you raise with QQ and I call with AA, then I call your bet on a flop of QQ7 and we get it all in on a turn of AA, then A hits the river.
That's a han the QQ will never get away from.

But if the story starts with you limping with 68then you may have been outplaye, but you weren't coolered.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

I get your point, but none-the-less, that's an example of being coolered.

/nit

12:54 PM  
Blogger Gary Carson said...

I always thought a cooler was a losing hand no rational person could get away from.

All the rational people I know can get away from a 6 8.

8:35 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Meh, it depends on when the money goes in. Sure, he could have decided not to play that piece of crap in that situation but the stacks were deep and he made a, probably bad, decision to do it.

When the real money went in, he had a made straight. It is hard to get away from a made five-card poker hand.

8:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home