Monday, January 21, 2008

PPA Update

Life's a Bluff's blog has some criticism of PPA. I made a comment in the thread. You might want to check it out.

Frank (of Lifesabluff) also made a comment on PPA's discussion forum. I didn't bother because I don't know what their moderation policy is, but I can guess.

Their response to his post is interesting. Basically they argue that we should ignore systematic cheating in the poker industry because we don't want anyone to think there is systematic cheating in the industry.

Good thinking. Bunch of slimeballs.

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

Gary, you mention the "phony" Aruba WPT thing in your comment on Life's a Bluff. I was curious as to what that was all about. I don't know anything about it, but it sounds interesting.

1:13 PM  
Blogger Gary Carson said...

Here's a link to some of the rgp threads on it at the time (almost 5 years ago).

Poker is a sleazy industry.

http://tinyurl.com/33j8hy

3:19 PM  
Blogger DMW said...

From one of the UB defenders:

In case you didn't know this is the whole plan behind the WPT. To
gain major corporate sponsorships, so that the players won't have to
put up buyins to fund the entire prizepool. Also, after seeing it in
action, I think the WPT will work many wonders for the game

7:08 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home