Saturday, January 05, 2008

Poker and cheating

I haven't blogged much about the cheating scandal at Absolute Poker, in fact I'm not sure I've blogged about it at all. Mostly because I think blogging about it is pretty much pointless. The attitude of poker rooms everywhere (online and offline) about cheating is that it's best to just ignore it and it will someday go away.

Of course it won't go away, it will always be with us, another reason I think it's almost pointless to blog about it.

An example of they typical attitude about cheating is something that happened at the Coushatta Grand in Kinder right after they opened a few years ago. I was in a 20/40 game and I suspected a player I didn't know of holding out cards. Without going into details of why I thought that (it was a conclusion I came to after a couple hours of observing him and others in the game) I even thought I knew what he was holding out, I thought he was holding out a queen.

I told the floorman my suspicions and asked if he could put a camera on the guy or otherwise watch him.

I don't remember the guys name, although when I later told this story to others in places like Biloxi, New Orleans, Shreveport, and Tunica they knew who he was and told me his name. Let's call him Billy-Bob.

The floorman said, "Oh, that's Billy-Bob, I know all about the stuff he used to pull in private games but I talked to him and he promised me he wouldn't cheat in my room".

That's the typical cardroom attitude about cheating.

I'm glad to see that Lou Krieger is trying to keep the Absolute Poker cheating story alive, but I think it's a futile effort.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home