Thursday, August 09, 2007

A five thread about Gary Carson

There's a two plus two thread about me that's somewhat interesting. At least interesting to me, I'm not sure it's interesting to anybody else.

The thread's pretty much run its course and I thought I'd make a series of posts here commenting on some of the posts in that thread. Many of them are interesting, some because they actually show some insight, some because they show some extreme ignorance.

I'm a regular, but not frequent, reader of two plus two. Since the Skalansky forum was killed off I pretty much just go once or twice a month to look at the Books forum and see if anybody is talking about any of my stuff. While I'm their I usually look at the Poker Theory forum and the Probability forum.

Anyway, this thread starts off with
I never hear any mention of his name or his book on this site. Is there a reason for this? He has interesting and insightful information on his website, and there are even references to his The Complete Book of Hold 'Em Poker in SSHE, although he is sharply critical of both Malmuth and Sklansky at times. Is this perhaps why I don't hear his name pop up?


Any thoughts?


A pretty much straight forward question. I don't have much to say about it. More on the thread later. My tournament just started.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home