Monday, April 16, 2007

Attitude

Public Defender Stuff has an interview of Scott Henson of the blog Grits for Breakfast. I'm a regular reader of both those blogs and sometimes refer to them on my American Tradition Blog.

In that interview Henson said something that I think is applicable to any blog but in particular to this blog.
As for what goes on Grits for Breakfast, with few exceptions I start with the assumption that people do not read blogs looking for information, they read blogs because they want to know what that information means.

That's kind of what I try to do in this blog. It's a poker blog, but it's more of a source for attitude than a source for information. Attitude is just an entertaining way of expressing what I think something means.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Jordan said...

True true, Mr. Carson. Some blogs can pull of the whole news provider thing, but realistically, most blogs do not have the resources, and more importantly, people read blogs for opinions and analysis, and not just the facts of the day.

2:59 PM  
Blogger DMW said...

Yes. A blog is nothing more than an op-ed that's published on the internet.

Well I suppose some people treat it more like a diary that is published on the internet... But as Frontline pointed out, blogs do mostly analysis and very little orginal reporting.

3:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home