Thursday, April 30, 2009

Have a drink

No, Danny-Boy doesn't have a drinking problem
I broke pretty much all of my rules going into this tournament, some of which just aren't my fault. My rules are simple:

1. Unpack immediately (did that)
2. No socializing the night before
3. Dinner alone in the room
4. No drinking
5. 8 hours of sleep

I broke 4 out of the 5 rules. I played in the Ante Up for Africa Celebrity event and came in 5th place. It was a lot of fun and I had a few drinks during the event. I had a fun table to start, but busted half of them and had the chip lead at the final table by a large margin before going card dead.

After the event I planned on going straight to bed, then somehow got convinced to have "one drink" at the bar. That never works! I don't know what it is about being in Europe but everything just seems like more fun. One drink turned into "more drinks" and then it just got late. I probably got about 5 hours of sleep and didn't really eat the whole night.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home