Wednesday, June 04, 2008

Bill-O and poker

Bill O'Reilly discovers poker blogging.
Effective yesterday, all articles on the site (Brother Ed's blog) older than 30 days are unavailable. We’re going to develop a system to allow the content to be accessed for a fee, and when it’s ready the archive articles will be available again at some cost per article.

What an ultimate weenie.
He's happy with providing free content.
My original vision for this site was that it would be free to read. I always intended to make money from it, but I wanted that money to come from advertising, from donations, and from other sources, not from my readers. For a year and a half I’ve been delighted with how that free-to-read model has been working out.

But his evil masters have objected.
For about the last nine months, behind the scenes, I’ve been receiving pressure and threats aimed at forcing me either to shut down Noted Poker Authority or to make the vast majority of its content available for pay only (sounds ridiculous, I know). Up until now I’ve refused. But it’s become unpleasant and disruptive enough to me that I’m giving in. I’m not proud of it, but when I weighed my options this one made the most sense for me personally.

It's not really his fault, he's just a pawn in the hands of "those who control him".
I’m not happy with this solution, but to me it was basically either this or take the site down completely, so I’m going with this.

Pathetic.

Labels:

2 Comments:

Blogger Dr Zen said...

I lol'd. Poor Ed, forced to make money by that nasty Stox.

12:53 AM  
Blogger DMW said...

No no no Gary. A reliable witness told me that Ed Miller is under heavy pressure from the anonymous senior government official. You know, the one who's always referenced by The New York Times.

8:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home