Saturday, September 03, 2005

More praise of Winstar ----

One odd thing about the room is that they close from 4 am to 10 am every morning.

That tends to create some golden gambling opportunities from about 3 am to 4 am -- players want to play before the playing time clocks out. Caro wrote about this years ago in Card Player when the rooms in Gardena closed at 2 am. It's a golden time to play.

I've decided to stick around here a while. I checked out some houses for sale in Ardmore on the internet that I'll probably call a realtor about next week, and I found some in Duncan that looked interesting. I might drive over to Duncan Monday afternoon.

South Oklahoma is not a wealthy area. Average household incomes look to be under 30k, the national average is over 40k. That means housing prices are low. My income from writing is independent of where I live, so the housing cost, combined with the lack of tornadoes, and proximity to poker, and central location to other poker spots like Tunica, Alberquerque, Tulsa, and St. Louis, all combine to convince me to just stick around for a while.

Ardmore also has good cellular connections -- I've got a cellualar internet connection and some places (Tunica and Las Vegas are examples) don't have relaible cellular connections. I've found 3 bookstores and one espresso coffee shop (with wi/fi at the espresso shop) in town, so it's not really as anti-intellectual here as one might think.

My mandotory ad for today is for a friends website. I write for it some. KillTheRake.com

Labels:

3 Comments:

Blogger Ignatious said...

wow, great to see you out here in the blogosphere, gary.

4:37 PM  
Blogger Gary Carson said...

I had actually signed up on this site a year or so ago and never did anything. Then when I got pointed to that Disgusting Girl blog I decided to go ahead and follow thru

7:49 PM  
Blogger Ignatious said...

i'm still deeply saddened that blog is gone. crushed, even. didn't even get to link it up, damnit.

7:01 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home